Here’s a great tasting, high protein banana bread for you to try!
Healthy protein banana bread
Makes about 10 servings.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 125g of plain flour,
- 50g vanilla protein powder,
- 1 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of applesauce
- 25g of sugar
- 1 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 190C or gas mark 5.
- Put the bananas in a mixing bowl and mash them.
- Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Put the mix into a loaf tin, I used a silicone one so no need to line or grease it.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick pulls clean when tested.
If the top is golden brown but it still needs a little longer to cook in the middle, you can cover it with tin foil so it cooks more in the middle without cremating the top!
Approximately 9g protein, 2g fat and 18g carbs per slice (120cals), and really moist and tasty too!